Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Notes

Didn't see or listen to the game last night so I can't say much about it. All I know is:

The Flames gave up two goals on the fist two shots.

Despite the above, Kiprusoff was much better.

The kids (Boyd, Sutter) didn't have much impact against a more veteran laden roster, and

Huselius was the best forward on the ice for the Flames.

It's good to get that first win out of the way, even if it is a dirty S/O victory. Also nice to see Huselius play well with Keenan on the bench.

Tonight, the Flames roll into Stinksville to take on the Oil. Expect to see Lombardi and Tanguay in the line-up, as well as a couple more kids (Peters, Pardy, Germyn). Even though I've liked what I've seen of Boyd so far, the final roster spot is still up for grabs. None of the hopefuls have made a big enough contribution thus far to be considered locks to make the squad, Boyd included.

---------------------------------------------------------------

A word on the Steve Downie hit from last night: Despicable.

And is there a more unfortunate guy in the league than Dean McAmmond? He's battled chronic back issues his whole career, was part of a voided traded at the deadline that prevented him from playing in the post-season one year and was the unfortunate recipient of that Pronger cheapshot in the finals last year. Now he gets blindsided in a meaningless exhibition game by some asshole punk.

I've always been a Deano fan and watching that replay makes me sick to my stomach. I really hope he pulls through this relatively unscathed.