Friday, November 30, 2007

Casting Call

I've written a LOT for this blog the last few years. There's been the occasional guest post here and there by some of my acquaintances...but by and large my voice has been the predominant one.

Im starting to think another regular contributor is needed around here. Maybe to balance out the perspective a little. Or at least add some diversity to the proceedings. The guys over at Battle of California recently did something similar and I think the addition of Kings blogger Rudy Kelly has made an already very good blog even better.

Some expectations:

- Gotta be a Flames fan, naturally.

- A reasonable command of the English language and the ability to self edit (not that I'm amazing at either myself).

- Depth of analysis. You don't have to be into the fancy numbers and advanced stats that so fascinate me and the Oilogosphere, but a level of reasoning above "FLames are will be Number 1!!!1" is required.

- A sense of humor would be nice.

- An ability to post on a semi-regular basis. You don't have to be Lowetide prolific; two or three posts a week would be acceptable.

I don't know if anyone's actually going to take me up on this offer (although there are regular Flames commenters here and at Battle of Alberta who I think could be/should be blogging already - Mclea, Peter, Jonesin, Subversive, Ngthagg, others), but I figure it's worth a shot. Anyone interested, drop me a line at the email listed on the right hand side. A "why I want to blog" blurb and perhaps a "sample post" would be helpful.