Monday, January 14, 2008

Flaming CuJo...

According to radio reports, Curtis Joseph has agreed to be a Calgary Flame. No word on contract figures, which I assume will be a 1 year/$1M or less deal.

CuJo will be a welcome addition, if my assumptions about his contract prove correct (another Primeau or Nilson type deal and I might just stop cheering for this team). He provides the club with a decent insurance policy if Kipper goes down and can probably be counted on to play in relief a little more often. Sucks for Curtis McElhinney, however, who was never really given much of chance. I expect he'll be returned to Quad Cities.

Next up! A top-6 RWer. Or a top-4 defender. Hmmm...wasn't I saying the exact same thing last year around this time?

UPDATE - After some suggestion of a last minute offer by the Rangers, it appears that CuJo is now officially a Flame.

Contract Guesses? When does he start his first game?