Saturday, April 05, 2008

Flames @ Canucks - final game of the season

To be quite honest, I dont much care about the outcome tonight. I'd like to see Jarome get his 50th and a win is always preferable, but really...meh.

A victory does mean less of chance of meeting SJS in the first round, which is a sensible goal. So there's that.

Line-up notes - Yelle is out after that Boogaard hit and it wouldn't surprise me to see Conroy resting up for the post-season. If a win was totally meaningless, I'd expect guys like Phaneuf and Iginla to be sitting out too, but with the 2 points still counting for something, Im guessing that all the big guns (as well as Kipper) will be dressed tonight.

Also, word is Bingo Bango will get the start for Vancouver tonight. I can't possibly fathom why, beyond perhaps trying to salvage some pride by defeating a hated rival. Seems pretty silly to me, considering the heavy burden Roberto's had to carry this year, but that's just me.

Prediction - One point in extra time. Jarome DOES get his 50th.

Update - Inside the Flames says it's Joseph tonight:

"We talked it over as a staff and we decided to put Curtis in the net," said head coach Mike Keenan. "It'd be good for Curtis to play because you never know what's going to happen in the future and to help him stay ready. I think that's important for us."

That's nice and all, but Im guessing it has more to do with avoiding fatigue/injury to Kipper than "keeping Curtis sharp."

Go Flames.