Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Get out the big red FAIL stamp...


There's lots of reasons to blog about sports: arrogance, geekdom, too much free time, a wish to argue endlessly with anonymous stangers. Course, there's also the invaluable opportunity to record your thoughts in order to declare "I told you so!" later. As such, a pause in the Tanguay navel gazing to pat myself on the back.

Back when it occurred, I (along with countless others, lets be frank) declared the Raycroft for Rask deal orchestrated by the erstwhile Toronto GM to be a terrible trade. I caught some flack for that analysis in the comments section.

Well, after a couple of seasons of total, ass-suckingly bad goaltending, Raycroft was placed on waivers by the Leafs on Tuesday. Chances are he'll either be bought out or sent to the farm. Either way, I think we can safely say we've seen the last of the former Calder trophy winner in the NHL.