Sunday, September 21, 2008

Me about town

Indulge me in some solipsism for a moment.

Although it's seemed unbearably endless at points, this off-season has actually been a very busy one for me on the blog-front. Beyond polluting the inter-tubes with my rants in this space, I've also been active elsewhere (by request!):

- Oilersnation.com approached me a couple of weeks back and asked me to pitch in on their NW Division preview (which is flattering, considering the impressive roster of writers they employ). My Wild effort is up today and my Flames piece should follow it in a weeks time.

- Like last year, I'm freelancing for Fanball.com. I can't prove it, because my work is behind a subscription wall, so you're going to have to trust me.

- New to the scene NHLfullaccess.com has asked me to submit weekly thoughts on the NW Division throughout the season. I've submitted Flames and Oilers previews thus far.

- Pensburgh, an excellent blog following Pittsburgh, also requested a Flames Preview from yours truly. It hasn't gone live yet, so keep your eyes peeled (if you want to read my 10th Flames preview of the off-season, that is).

- Im currently in negotiations with a couple of different parties regarding Fiveholefanatics itself. I can't divulge anything yet, but some notable changes (for the better I hope) should/could be happening in the next few weeks.

(Although it starts with a "w", I believe the word you're all thinking of is properly pronounced hoo-er)