Wednesday, August 29, 2007

GAH!!

As the new jersey designs trickle in, I find myself rather ambivalent about the whole thing: I like a couple and some others not-so-much. I'm not opposed to change per se like some "traditionalists", so my reactions are based solely on subjective, esthetic preferences.

That said, the new Vancouver Canucks jersey is awful. The bland color scheme and that ridiculous Orca crest are bad enough, but what glue-sniffing RBK marketing suit decided that scrawling "VANCOUVER!!" in needlessly bold letters across the chest was the way to go? Was there anyone unsure as to whom the team played for? And why not follow the principle to it's logical conclusion and have "CANUCKS!!" printed along the crotch-seam? How about a couple of meth pipes and Heroin needles emblazoned on Luongo's helmet?

Sheezus. Even the Buffaslug looks good by comparison.

I give this abortion 0 Venti, non-fat Lattes out of 5.