Monday, August 27, 2007

Round-up

Only a couple weeks left till training camp and the onset of the pre-season. Im not sure I have much left to talk about this off-season, so I think I'll let the MSM take up some blog space for me in the interim.

A Cory Sarich piece from nhl.com:

While he has a way to go to usurp the record of Skrastins, who, on February 8, 2007 played in his 487th consecutive game to pass Tim Horton for the longest playing streak in NHL history for a defenseman, Sarich has proved himself to be one of the League's most durable and dependable defenceman.

Russian Prospects interviews Andrei Taratukhin:

Do you know how many competitors you will be up against for a spot in Calgary’s lineup?

A. Taratukhin: Yes, the team already has five centers with one-way contracts. I understand that it won’t be easy to make the team. Still, the management did assure me that they will most certainly move up one or two guys from the farm club to the main team. I do believe that I have already played enough in the AHL.


And Scott Cruickshank takes a look behind the Iron Curtain:

During Keenan's introduction in June -- with locals trying to get their heads around the surprise hiring -- he'd volunteered a jarring nugget: "I'd love to stay here and end my career here."