Wednesday, September 21, 2005

And in the blue corner...

... the five foot eight ultra light featherweight champion of Calgary: cantaloupehalves!! *crowd goes wild*

I guess it's about time I posted on here. A brief introduction is in order I guess. I've been a hockey fan probably since I learned the concept of team sports--so 17 years ago. At that time, I was living in northern Alberta and you can probably guess with which team my allegiances lie. And since I've moved down to Stampede city, there hasn't really been any competition as to which Alberta team to cheer for ... until now.

I don't consider myself a bandwagon jumper though as I've tried to support the local team through its lean years after moving here about ten years ago. The bottom line is, I fervently cheer for both teams except when they play each other. In these situations, I cheer for the Greasers, as many Flaming homers have come to address them by.

Which brings me to ask the following question: is it possible to be a fan of both the Oilers and the Flames?

Also, will the Leafs ever win the Cup? (Actually, we all know the answer to that ;)