Thursday, November 24, 2005

San Jose Sucks

The Sucks lost their 7th in a row last night, mainly thanks to a Nabokov gaffe that granted Calgary their second goal of the night. Beyond that, and the fact that the Flames won their 10th game of the month, I can't speak too intelligently about the game (having been unable to watch it). So I'll simply stick to a: job well done! Followed closely by a: trample Edmonton tomorrow!

Other stuff:

- The Panthers lost their 12th in a row last night to New Jersey. I can't imagine this going on too much longer without there being some sort of shake-up. I personally expect a trade that sends Luongo out west somewhere within the month. While much speculation has surrounded a Luongo for Cloutier/Jovo trade, I'm more inclined to expect a Colorado/Florida swap. Colorado has more to offer (Hejduk, Tanguay or Blake + Aebischer) than Vancouver does, as far as Im concerned. I'd personally take Blake (or Hejduk or Tanguay)over Jovo and Aiebesher over Clouts. Of course, we're talking about Keenan here (who is both weird and a coveter of Jovo for some reason)...so anything is possible. Either way, an addition of Luongo to the North Western Division would spell harder times for the Flames...

- How stupid do the Blues look for giving up Demitra and keeping Tkachuk? I'll answer for you - Real, real stupid. Course, given Conroy's season so far, the Flames look kinda stupid themselves right now.

- It's nice to be tied for the division lead, but I fully expect the Cancuks to eat the Sharks for breakfast tonight (irony alert).

- Kovalchuk has been absolutely scary in the few games I've seen him play this year. Expect him to be near the top of the league in goals come season's end.

- Detroit snapped out of their losing funk and hammered Colorado last night. I don't think the Avs can be too happy about their goaltender situation OR the play of their top line (which should technically be near the top of the league). More fuel to the Florida/Colorado trade rumor fire.

- Does Belfour think he's a defensemen? If so, I'd say he's about as good as Belak. Which is terrible.