Tuesday, February 28, 2006

WOOHOO! GOLD STAR

Looks like I'm (along with every other Canadian athlete who isn't on the men's Olympic hockey team...aside from Wotherspoon of course) earning gold these days too...

Anyways, before posting about the impending Calgary vs. Manitoba Moose game tonight, I figure I'd deal with the Flames latest wheelings and dealings...

as in, Sutter picked up ex-Flame (and born Calgarian) Cale Hulse this morning for minor leaguer Cam Severson (link).

So, once Hammer returns, Calgary will have 8 defensemen (including Mush and the recently recalled Giordano). What does that spell? L-E-O T-R-A-D-E. Yup, I figure Jordan's days as a Flame are numbered. Further, this raises my personal hopes that Sutter is gunning hard after Jokinen, probably with a Leopold-Kobasew-1st rounder type package.

Stay tuned folks, this could get interesting...