Monday, September 18, 2006

Stupid MessageBoard Post of the Day

Something new Im trying to add some levity to the ol' blog...

and nothing is funnier than the stupidity and blind bias that tends to dominate hometeam messageboards. I occassionally lurk on the odd one now and then chuckling faintly at the barely literate cheerleaders and kool-aid drinkers that seem to populate such places. I figure I might as well start sharing the worst (best?) ones I find here.

Today's entry comes via the edmontonoilers.com board. While the thread starter is worth a gander thanks to it's rambling incoherence, the one-liner by "MaxPower" 3 replies down takes the cake:

"I'd take Sykora over Tanguay any day."

Riiiigghhht. The almighty "guys wearing my team's sweater are automatically superior" principle. On that note, my reply would be:

"well...well...I'd rather have Friesen than Lupul!"

Awsome.