Thursday, January 11, 2007

Back to Denver


So while Metrognome is on a cruise in the Caribbean he has asked me to keep the blog updated. Now my writing skills and in depth analysis don't even compare to his, which probably explains why on many occasions I would resort to posting pictures of women and polls. But alas I don't think that will suffice this time around as the blog has not been updated since he left a week ago.

I also have been away to Mighty Duck land during the holidays and did not keep up with the Flames. So I was pretty shocked when I came back and see so many injuries in the lineup. My first game was watching them play Dallas. I was expecting the Flames to lose that one, but they pulled off a W even after being out-shot and out-played.

Their next game vs. the Wild was fantastic! I don't think I have ever seen so many nice goals by the Flames in one game. The icing on the cake had to be the behind-the-back pass from Lombardi to Ritchie for the short handed goal. Absolutely sick!

As for tonights game against the Avalanche I don't know what to predict, especially with Calgary's shitty on-the-road performance. I am hoping for the W but that might be tough as the Avalanche will probably not want to give up 2 in a row at home (after losing to the Wings on Tuesday).

My prediction for tonight is a 3-2 Win for the Flames with Lombardi, Tanguay and Ritchie scoring.

Go Flames Go!

P.S. Congratulations to Kipper for his 100th NHL win against the Wild on Tuesday!

P.P.S. Metrognome went on a gay cruise :D