Thursday, May 10, 2007

Everybody Likes Chris.

Check out this interesting little article on Chris Drury by Off Wing Opinion blogger Eric McErlain over at NBC sports. After noting both Colorado and Calgary dealt Drury earlier in his career, Eric unearths this humorous little quote by Chris himself:

"I just don't know what to think. I play in Colorado, they tell me they like me, and I get traded. I play in Calgary, and at the end of the season the GM tells me he likes me, and I get traded. I just hope my fiancée doesn't tell me she likes me."

Heh.

In Sutter's defense, Drury wasn't the player he is now when he was traded by the Flames a few years back. In fact, it's possible he wouldn't have developed into the center he is today had he remained in Calgary. When he was a Flame, Chris had a lot offensive flair, but lacked the defensive acumen and polish that allows Lindy Ruff to play Drury against the opposition's top players.

It'll certainly be interesting to see what happens with Drury come July. I'm thinking that Buffalo will make a hard charge to re-sign him and will let Briere walk. Of course, should Drury decide to test the waters of free agency, Briere is a pretty damn good consolation prize.

Now, if both players decide the grass is greener elsewhere, maybe we can deal Langkow to Buffalo in exchange for ex-Flame Toni Lydman...