Monday, April 13, 2009

Let's get linking

I haven't done a round-up in awhile. Here are some of the sites earning my attention this morning.

- Calgary Sun has launched their own MSM blog-type thing for the Flames. It'll go up in the sidebar in short order. Today's news? The Flames have re-called Anders Eriksson. Ugh.

- The Giguere era is over in Colorado. In other news, Jacques Martin and Don Waddell are still employed.

- James rates the first round match-ups at Cycle Like the Sedins.

- Eric Francis column this morning isn't really worth the read aside from this comment near the bottom:

There is indeed egg on Sutter's face for scoffing at media types who wondered how he made the deal fit into the cap in the first place. His words at the time, "It's not even close -- you guys have no idea." Word is the Flames were within hundreds of dollars of the US$56.7 million salary cap.


- Pensblog alerted me to this NHL play-off bracket contest. Have at 'er handicappers.

- My first post on the impeding ouster of the Flames at the hands of a Blackhawks went up today as well.

- On that hubristic note, I ended up claiming first place in the Mirtle's blogger invitational hockey pool this year. I basically went wire-to-wire on the back of some good gambles (Koivu, Semin, Burrows, Mason, Pavelski) and some good luck in terms of injury. Ironically, my club didn't even have one scorer inside the NHL's top 15 (Eric Staal and Semin were my two best).

The competition was fierce, featuring some really top-notch hockey guys, so I'm stunned I managed to hang on till the end.