Monday, February 02, 2009

Me about town

Well, things are getting hectic around here. My weekly article for fanball now shows up at rototimes.com. It tends to be blander and more general than the typical fare here, but that's what happens when you're trying to profer advice and such to the various and sundry. The current focus is touring around the divisions with an eye towards who has been "hot or not" thus far. The focus will shift eventually to over-valued and under-valued fantasy picks, where I plan to introduce stuff like ESP/60, QUAL COMP and CORSI stats to the fanball/rototimes readers.

Also, thanks to those of who you stopped my Score liveblog last week. It was fun and challenging given that the score wants play-by-play and not just snide remarks. Looks like I'll be back at it again tonight for the Flames/Avs game. I'll post the link here or in my the pre-game thread.

Finally (for now), I've hopped aboard the FlamesNation wagon. I've liked a lot of what I've seen from OilersNation.com since it's inception and am interested to see how this experiment goes. The site has a couple of good contributors lined up already and plans to add a few more (including some MSM guys) along the way. Hopefully it adds something to the rather meager list of Flames blogs on the net.

I've had invitations to supply Flames thoughts elsewhere this season and am still in discussions with other parties. At some point, my site here my shift focus from Flames-centric to my musings on stats, hockey and the league in general. Im not sure when or even if the switch will happen since things elsewhere are just in their formative stages, but if the change occurs, it'll likely be a gradual/organic one anyways. I doubt this space will go away entirely, because I'll need a place to post my overly long dissertations on relatively trivial subjects (goalie drafting, enforcers, experience effects, etc.). Not to mention mean-spirited fisking of MSM articles every once in awhile...

UPDATE - to add that I have a piece on the Flames and the trade deadline scheduled to appear on Illegal Curve sometime this week as well.